Azithromycin 250mg / 500mg
ZITREAT contains Azithromycin which is an antibiotic useful for the treatment of bacterial infections.
ZITREAT is somewhat more potent against certain bacterial species than erythromycin, but its widespread popularity arises primarily from its slow elimination from the body, which allows many infections to be treated with 3-5 days of once-daily administration, compared to 3-4 times a day for up to two weeks for erythromycin.
ZITREAT is used alone or in combination with other drugs to treat otitis media, pharyngitis, community-acquired respiratory infections (including pneumonia), gastrointestinal infections (such as those caused by eating contaminated food), and gonorrhea.
ZITREAT is used to treat many different infections, including:
- Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Acute bacterial sinusitis.
- Community-acquired pneumonia.
- Acute otitis media.
- Pharyngitis or tonsillitis as an alternative to first-line therapy in individuals who cannot use first-line therapy
- Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
- Urethritis and cervicitis.
- Genital ulcer disease (chancroid) in men.